Based in Soho, this company is a value added reseller of computer solutions for creating digital videos, films and TV as well as for streaming media applications. The company has pioneered the market for low cost desktop solutions. Its clients include BSkyB, Channel 4, CNN Interactive and BBC Worldwide.
Although the business had been profitable and had experienced significant growth, sales were falling due to the downturn in the media market and margins were coming under considerable pressure. The business did not have a clear marketing strategy and had under-invested in marketing.
Projects that have addressed these issues were as follows:
A marketing planning project:
- An internal marketing audit.
- A research programme with customers and competitors.
- A strategy workshop to present research findings, develop the marketing strategy and address key issues.
Marketing management services (ie interim marketing) over several months to implement the marketing plan by:
- Undertaking a web site audit and creating content for the new web site.
- Creating a design brief for the business's new corporate identity.
- Supplying templates for email marketing campaigns.
- Creating content for product, corporate literature and press releases.
Helping package and 'productize' the company's services and support packages.
The main benefits to this client have been:
- A clearer marketing strategy with a differentiated market position.
- A more planned approach to promotional activities with events, email marketing and their web site providing more effective support for sales.
- A higher profile and progress towards establishing the company as the leading supplier of integrated digital media solutions in the UK, and a stronger basis on which to build the corporate brand.