Use Google Ads to complement natural search
Advertising on Google using Ads (Pay-Per-Click or PPC) can be a powerful online advertising technique for driving visitors to your website.
Google Ads campaigns work as follows:
- Search adverts are triggered by the words or phrases that you type into the search engine and appear at the top of the search results or on the right.
- You can run different advertising campaigns in Google searches, based on selected keywords, maximum costs-per-click and limited daily budgets.
- Adverts are available in different formats: text (the most common one), image, animated, mobile and local business (where you focus on a specific area).
- Bids, adverts and keywords can easily be adjusted and campaigns turned on and off.
- Google Ads can work well to complement being found the natural search listings.
However, be aware that Google Ads is more tactical than ranking highly in natural Google search results as a result of SEO.
As with all things Google, Ads is always evolving, so it can be hard to keep up. You should also be look into the opportunities offered by remarketing.
Have you considered remarketing?
Remarketing (or retargeting) is part of the Google Ads and can be very effective. Remarketing lets you continue showing your adverts to people after they have visited your website.
When people leave your website without contacting you or buying anything, remarketing allows you to show them more adverts as they visit other websites on Google’s display network over, say, the next 30 days.
In other words, your ads can follow your website visitors round the internet as they browse other websites for up to several weeks. This is great for awareness and brand building, and increases the likelihood that they will contact you or make a purchase.
You can even show specific ads based on which sections of your website visitors have been to.
‘Dynamic remarketing’ adds the products that people viewed on your website to the adverts, delivering customised adverts as they browse websites in Google’s Display Network.
Another option is video remarketing which shows ads to people who have interacted with your videos or YouTube channel as they use YouTube and browse Display Network videos and websites.
You can set up conversion measurements in Google Ads to see how your Google Ads and Remarketing campaigns are performing. The metrics also show engagement rates and what they cost.
If you want to review or set up a Google Ads campaigns, please call (07957 870071 or 01620 825751) or email Christopher Lamotte.