Advertising on Google using Adwords (Pay-Per-Click or PPC) can be a powerful online advertising technique for driving visitors to your website.
Google Adwords campaigns work as follows:
- Search adverts are triggered by the words or phrases that you type into the search engine and appear at the top of the search results or on the right.
- You can run different advertising campaigns in Google searches, based on selected keywords, maximum costs-per-click and limited daily budgets.
- Adverts are available in different formats: text (the most common one), image, animated, mobile and local business (where you focus on a specific area).
- Bids, adverts and keywords can easily be adjusted and campaigns turned on and off.
- Adwords can work well to complement being found the natural search listings.
Google Adwords is believed to be the best value pay-per-click channel.
However, be aware that Google Adwords is more tactical than being in natural Google searches as a result of good SEO; and an increasing number of people ignore the Adwords sponsored listings in favour of the natural results.
As with all things Google, Adwords is always evolving, so it can be hard to keep up. You should also be look into the opportunities offered by remarketing.
If you want to review or create your Google Adwords campaigns, please call (07957 870071 or 01620 825751) or email Christopher Lamotte.